Sweet Anna's Cakes and Confections is on Facebook!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Migas


I never heard of Migas until I made my recent trip to Austin. My brother's girlfriend Elizabeth ordered them at the Magnolia Cafe, and informed me that they are on the menu at most restaurants there.

Migas are eggs with whatever you like scrambled in - and then you add tortilla chips to the scramble as well. There is something about corn tortillas (chips or otherwise) and eggs that just goes so well together!

This morning I made my first Migas, and here is the recipe, although your imagination is the limit.

Migas
2 eggs
1/4 small onion, diced
1/4 red bell pepper, diced
1/4 c shredded cheddar
3 tbsp chopped roasted green chiles
handful of tortilla chips
1 pat of butter

Melt the butter in a pan, add all above ingredients, scramble, then eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment